Whenever an event begins, in typical girl-fashion, I am entranced with the romance of so many familiar souls converging into one center in search of riches and fame. I love the energy, the heartbreak and the laughter that entwine on those first few days when thousands of would-be champions crowd around hundred of tables. I have a quirky habit of snapping pictures that would appear meaningless to most, but encapsulate a feeling I want to store away. This includes a snap shot of every event I attend at the beginning, and then once again after everyone shuffles home and the remnants have the feel of a post-war ghost town. I have never left an event without feeling a strong pang of sadness to see it all dissolve, as if it'd never occurred to begin with. The sort of emotion that leaves you wondering if it all really occurred, or was just an alcohol induced haze of psychedelic mish-mash.
There is much to write, and I have nothing but time until the sun comes up (Thanks to a spontaneous 6 hour nap that happened shortly after I sat down to tie my shoe). My body and mind are wrecked after the last two weeks, so I need a moment to package everything appropriately for you all. I will however, hint at a few of the highlights to come.
- Al Theriac, his lovely wife and Mike Shafer - A smokin' hot trio of charm and delight
- Christina Sharkady - A dealer after my own heart
- Red Snappers - Not as delicious as Monk would make them sound
- Four piece band, Shrimp Cocktail and a Man on Man marriage proposal
- Fat Albert - He is alive and well and sellin' cocaine to the heartbroken in Tunica
- Kai Landry - Pale horse of the Apocalypse, and the portal to Hell
- Valentine's Day - Two men and Paula Deen. No this isn't a D-List porn scenario.
- Unibrow - It's making a comeback
- Loafers and prehistoric DNA
- A Farewell to Arms
You will more than likely feel violated after the Tunica series is completed. And not in the sort of way the Tunica Board of Tourism might hope. I personally feel like I could benefit from a week of counseling and a cruise to Cancun. Alas, it is not to be. Instead, we shall rejoice in communal blog-therapy before trouncing off to the next road-side carnival.
In a unique spin on a portion of these events, I Invite you to read the forthcoming updates from one Kai Landry. Though the last few days were a joint effort, I am certain his perspective will lend a unique perspective. Read Supplemental Income here.